With the current wave and continuous surge in the active cases of COVID-19, things are getting increasingly difficult. Sleep, in particular, is being disrupted for a lot of people. If you or someone close to you is suffering from the virus, you will understand what we are referring to. Many patients who have recovered from COVID have noticed that their sleep patterns have shifted since they first became ill. Getting to sleep or staying asleep might be difficult for some individuals, while others find that they wake up earlier than usual and cannot go back to sleep. You may be waking up feeling drowsy as if you've had no rest.
What Can Be The Reason?
COVID may have affected your sleep in a variety of ways:
- When we don't get enough natural light, our brain's melatonin synthesis suffers. This chemical is responsible for making us drowsy.
- Breathlessness, a dry cough, and a fever are all signs of COVID, making it difficult to fall asleep. Exhaustion, which may lead to daytime sleepiness, is another typical symptom.
- Medication used to treat you may affect your sleep as well.
- Being in a hospital might also have potentially messed with your sleep pattern because it tends to be a loud and hectic environment. It's usually crowded, and alarms ringing on equipment in critical care units may be particularly obnoxious. This implies that patients are at risk of becoming agitated, even more so if they are light sleepers.
- While in a hospital, you may not be able to sleep in the same way you usually would.
The fear of becoming sick with COVID is understandable. If you've ever spent time in the hospital, you may have had to deal with a lot of unpleasant memories. Some individuals have trouble falling or staying asleep because their memories of the event keep resurfacing in the form of thoughts or nightmares. This apprehension causes the body to go into overdrive. You may find it very hard to fall asleep due to this.
What Makes Getting Enough Sleep Even More Important?
Amid the continuous waves of COVID-19, getting enough sleep is critical to one's physical and psychological well-being. It can help you:
- Enhancing the body's natural defenses
- Enhances mental power
- An uplifting effect on the mind
Stress and anxiety are exacerbated by a lack of quality sleep, which has been linked to mental and physical health problems.
The Bottom Line
Considering all the facts mentioned earlier, we would highly suggest you take all the measures to ensure a restful night's sleep. We have got the best and most luxurious sleep solutions for you. Our complete range includes mattresses, pillows, and other sleep accessories to ensure that you get the most rejuvenating sleep every night. If you are looking for the finest sleep solutions, head over to Master Celeste, and order your desired sleep solutions.
While best foam mattresses offer a lot of distinctive benefits, spring mattresses also have several positive effects on your health. Want to kn...
Decorating and furnishing a space to your liking is a lot of fun. When it comes to luxury and style, nothing beats a king-size bed. The king-size b...